Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Me

i sing while i sleep
i cant whistle a tune
i catch fire just as easily as anyone else would
but i chose not to burn out so quickly
am i pretty?
i scratch like a cat
i sting like a bee
if you asked if i loved you
id gladly agree
am i pretty?
if i stand on my head
will i then see you clearly
or will you still simple pass on by
will the labels that label me
be reduced down to one
("Child of God")
or will you continue to pile them high
if i greet you in surplus or smile every second
will my beauty increase by the hour or minute?
if i ask you to see me
i mean really look at me
will you honestly answer my question?
am i pretty?
ive asked you three times now
three times is enough
i wouldnt ask you ever again
your tongue in tied up in your vain pretense
ill live with the label ill always love the best

No comments:

Post a Comment