Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Husband

Husband
Be kind
Humor me...
Love me like a friend
See me wholly for the sake of Christ
Hold my hand laced not cupped
My friends can do that just as well.
Do nothing overly indulgent on Valentine's
Maybe even forget the "holiday" exists
Don't kill me softly
Like the last, the ones before
Give me a long leash
One tight enough to keep me sane
Honor me as a sister in our dear LORD
Keep me safe, by night and by day
Shut me up when I need to hear my silence
Or even when you are tired of hearing me talk
Let me write, let me love, let me
sing and dance with the rhythm of life
And I'll be happy.
Take me to Paris once or twice
You'll earn some extra points for that
But don't think extravagance is the way to my heart 
Be simple, be content in the LORD
And I, I should come second
But first in the light of men.
Husband, I say again
Be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment