Saturday, July 9, 2011

Untitled

Look over you shoulder and know that I AM God
Look at the sea and sing hymns of my great work
Those who look on you know the strength in you
is nothing more than all of me
Hold on in the waves and know that my sovereign hand wields those rushing waves
of foam and salt
Scary as they may be
they show me clearly and scream 'hear me hear me if you dare'
I've called you out of the depths and given you the dare
to follow from the breath and the legs
that sprint after me because I have given them to you
use them wisely my child
wisdom not from you but from my breath
and my speech that constantly stirs you out of your battle against a sinful lazy lull
in my living word hide yourself
in it as a cleft in a rock hide yourself in me and know that I AM Lord
Hold onto that breath; that life
Hold onto what I have given you to believe
To live beyond all you have known to be life, live
Hold on and know that I AM God

No comments:

Post a Comment