Thursday, February 28, 2013

Queer Dead Faces

I spent the night looking at queer dead faces
The see through hummingbird within my chest
humming, inescapable, unmanageable
I waited as the skies closed over me
Like eyelids
I screamed a little, But you never heard
Cuz I didnt mean for you to
You called me baby, baby, baby
till the word was meaningless
artificial hope
massacred, mechanically
between your lips
and beer stained tongue
I think I would have loved you once
But these eyes are shut
This world is electric but not in the good way
In the way that fries, fries, fries
your nerves, you nervous?
Got glitter on your face
So long it sits that it grinds
finite bloody specks
embedded shards of gritty light
Ouch. Ouch!
You hurt me
I hurt me
But all I see are the dead faces
and their dead dreams
sparkling placidly, infinite

No comments:

Post a Comment