Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Familiar Place

As I sit here in my familiar place
familiar but not the same
I think of the times we had
The ones where we sat laughing in the rain
Dancing and screaming with delight at the heavens
and I remember the mundane
The average and the normal
The sky breathing with us
A breeze floats by carrying
this familiar feeling
Its containment in a summer breeze
Not quiet the same as the fall but so close, so close
I remember the tears at midnight and sometimes mid day
I remember the books and the essays and the essays and the essays
That put us to sleep in lecture hours
And made us one in the smallest way
We were one for once, for God's sake we were one
And we will never be alone or gone from the familiar
It will follow us till the end of our days, till the end
When the sky is no longer breathing and the familiar is the absolute
And the joy never, never ends, there again we meet

No comments:

Post a Comment