Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Child Inside

A girl once said something like this to me:
I feel like there is this small child inside of me curled into a tight ball and my body is just a shell enabling me to pretend to be grown up...
I find that I must say I agree
inside the child never dies
truely it only wilts
society; the world forces you to "grow up"
or at the very least appear that way
even for only small moments
we shrink back to having the tiny confidence of a child
buried in self doubt
but we can fake it
we're all pretty good at that
because the world is not fit for Peter Pans
it feeds on and destroys them
the jeolous Hooks are the ones who survive
but if you don't let the child live and breathe
you will never grow up
That I believe has to be true as well

No comments:

Post a Comment